The lovely Stefani at Caught Read Handed invited her followers to take part in this tag, and I, being a sucker for a meme, decided to do so! Here’s a wee bit more info about my TBR pile.
1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Mostly Goodreads/LibraryThing. I have five (I know) TBR shelves: owned unread paper books, owned unread Kindle books, unowned shortlist, unowned longlist, and unowned maybe list. I obsessively categorise things, it’s in my nature.
2. Is your TBR mostly print or eBook?
I have c. 140 ebooks and 160 paper books in my owned TBR at the moment, so slightly weighted in favour of paper 🙂
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
I have a few different ways. I’ll often make lists at the start of the month of books I plan to get through. I don’t stick to these rigidly, they’re usually just to give me an idea of what/how much I want to read. If I can’t decide what to put on this list, I’ll use a random number generator to pick off my Goodreads shelves. Otherwise, I’ll pick by mood. In particular, I pick my ebooks by mood as I’ll often finish one “on the go” as it were.
4. A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest.
There are a couple (Dreams Underfoot, Big Fish) that have been there since my 21st birthday (so over three years!)
5. A book you recently added to your TBR.
I bought The Moomins and the Great Flood on Kindle Monthly Deal. The last paper book I bought was Emma by Alexander McCall Smith but I’ve since read it. I can’t remember what the last paper book I bought before that was – maybe Pawns of Prophecy.
6. A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover.
There’s a saying about that, you know…
7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading.
Um, none? It wouldn’t be on my TBR if I didn’t want to read it. Oh, that said, The Lies of Locke Lamora is still on it. I promised my boyfriend I would read it, to see if I hate it as much as he did. Problem is, I read the first 100 pages and I really hated it. I might finish it. But I somehow doubt it! (In case you’re wondering why, the Whedon-y dialogue and immense stupidity just did not agree with me)
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for.
Again, I don’t know that there’s much… ooh, Lair of Dreams actually! I can’t wait for it. And Pride and Prejudice a la Curtis Sittenfeld.
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you.
Among books I own? Cinder by Marissa Meyer, and probably several classics too.
10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you.
Probably the same one, tbh. Oh, and Code Name Verity.
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read.
Ahhhh, so many! All of the ones on my TBR Challenge list, for instance. Also, the rest of the Chaos Walking trilogy but I’m trying to cut down some of the individual books I have first.
12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
I’m not going to tag anyone either – it’s a free for all! Anyone that wants to do it should feel free.